Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Marketing My Art

I'm now a member of the "Max Grumbacher Art Gallery", which you can visit by clicking on this link Coxen Creations . It is yet another outlet to get your artwork out where people can view it. Over the past years I have found that artist and authors are a dime a dozen. Some are better than others, but it doesn't matter. There are two things that make you successful; tenacious marketing and dumb luck.

Throughout my life I was told that hard work brought success - not true. I believe luck plays a larger roll than most people think. Perhaps working hard will enhance ones chance of being discovered, but often it comes down to being at the right place at the right time.

I've worked hard at everything I've been involved with, one would say I given over 100% effort, which is impossible, but the only thing I've received recognition for was 100% attendants when I was on the safety patrol in grade school.

I'm not complaining, although it might sound that way, no I'm stating a fact of life. Immediate recognition is like the lottery, out of millions of people your chance to obtain recognition are about the same odds of winning "Power Ball". However, like the lottery, you can not win unless you play. So each day I try new avenues to expose my work to as many people as possible. Perhaps one day I'll hit the jackpot - but time is not on my side, I have two things working against me, age and Parkinson's.

No comments:

Post a Comment